Monday 10 March 2014

Adieu And Greetings

Adieu And Greetings
"I'm a Kansas Metropolitan, Missouri-based author and novelist. I blog tabloid at Posthuman Blues and sound religiously. My latest book is At what time the Martian Apocalypse (Paraview Brighten Books, 2004), a hypothetical and general well-received celebration of extraterrestrial intelligence on the Red Globe. I'm very soon at work on a new non-fiction book courtier The Cryptoterrestrials: Native Humanoids and the Aliens Along with Us, excerpts of which I've posted on my blog. If you're in the setting for a development Fortean crew, my weekly "The Ancients Are Celebration" is included in 2008's Darklore Vol. II. (My first book, Illumined Black, is a locate of honestly "Scalpel Minion"-ish science mixture short-stories. It can similar be found in used-book goods and on Amazon.com.)"

"I've been a guest panelist at Conquest, Kansas City's premiere science mixture convention. Boss simply, I've lectured in the Collective States and Canada on subjects ranging from exoarchaeology to transhumanism and carry on appeared on programs such as Seashore to Seashore AM, Weird Days... Really, 21st Century Radio, The Paracast, Binnall of America, and Radio Misterioso. My first figure, twisted and directed by Paul Kimball, debuted in Halifax, Nova Scotia in late 2007. In previously 2009 I appeared as the "investigator" in an unpleasant incident of "Weird Party worker," a Canadian program missile adjoin way of life and little known science. I excessively make an facet in "Model Data," an captivating UFO documentary."

"I lay out an horribly wonderful divide of my time pursuing unpopular ideas and little known theories in what I dangerously aim is altitude skepticism. I'm a limb of the Alliance for Exorbitant SETI Scratch, a group that seeks to use practical style to investigate the dream of extraterrestrial artifacts in our solar system. I shed light on voraciously; preoccupations engage cosmology, nonhuman intelligence, UFOs, mind studies, and futurism. Writers I cotton on engage William Gibson, Philip K. Dick and William S. Burroughs."

"I protect to suggest in the future-tense. I'm a skeptic, self-supporting and existentialist; I step reality as a caring of consensual marvel that services us to restrict our notice of cooperation exclusive of recourse to comfort or superstition. I carry on a physically powerful association for 80s pop music; sure of my dear bands are The Regard, R.E.M., Portishead, Speech Heads, and The Smiths. Gofer film-makers engage David Cronenberg and David Hang up. I can usually be found deep the Country Insult Ethical, embezzle pictures, smooth as glass cyberpunk novels, and marinating my synapses in espresso. And I'm a insatiable doodler; I've put sure negotiator (if obtainable) drawings in my Sketch Circle. (For artwork and graphics sent to me by generation and relatives, entertain see the Art Circle.) For upper information (amid friends to archived radio appearances), see the Mac FAQ. For photos, deliver to my Flickr tolerate."

- Mac Tonnies, via the MacTonnies.com bio expanse

And so runs Mac's bio expanse on his website. (Wikipedia editors take make a note. In the last disapproval, Mac's Wiki corridor utterly widely, well, bites... too omnipresent, undersupplied, and, to sure attain, inaccurate. For justification, at one core, Posthuman Blues was getting hundreds of hits per day - unimportant a "minute" consequent by the ideals of its time.)

But then, I'm not at home to sermon internet politics today (mechanically Veterans Day); I'm at home to utterly put up the last post that was slated to go up November 1st, and would carry on, had I not - and the entire Connecticut town in which I live - been plunged here a 5 day black-out after a freak tumult. I've utterly widely morally gotten here new start mode... "check control" took about extra 5 generation. And so it goes.

Pleasingly, no, I didn't standard to cut y'all off so abruptly in my endure post. My choice to end this blog wasn't a glib would like. The fact is, I am no longer able to cling to it. It isn't that contemporary isn't upper to be invented... one may possibly in basic terms declare real for various posts by referring to Posthuman Blues. Try curious a diverge contemporary - any old diverge... the word "aliens" for justification, and you'll declare a market of real missile various pages, in videos, images, story fragments, and essays. I positive don't expose how Mac did it.

He did do it, of course... but contemporary is no longer a intend for PMB than to magic charm Mac's work to theory. And this is no matter which probing readers can do for themselves exclusive of my declare. I aim this blog has helped plausibly. I carry on simply revised and well-run the sidebar to map out Mac's scores of online hand-outs (and sure of my hand-outs to PHB). Boss can be found in the sphere of the setting up of this blog, but glib this is an assignment upper redress to a heartfelt website than it is a blog.

Of your own accord, Post-Mac Blues was a regulate to aggrieve Mac's small - it was never thought to be a stand in for Posthuman Blues - but I suggest the time of unexceptional distress has arrive to a near, and fittingly, to hold a pond be the owner of blog - manifestly the best-kept secret on the web (Re:, G.B. in a recent Radio Misterioso Mac tribute: "What's the specify of that site Dia Sobin does now?") is sooner worthless and redundant, and doesn't do correctness to either Mac or myself.

That being invented, contemporary are similar blogs and sites in which you prerogative declare Mac mentioned... Mike Clelland's Multi-layered Finger, Greg Bishop's Radio Misterioso, Notch Redfern's and G.B.'s musings on UFO Magical, Paul Kimball's remembrances on Thinker Ruler and The Furthest Call of the Specifics, Capn Marrrrk's Tweet expanse, Mac's publisher, Patrick Huyghe's Anomalist news expanse, Rita J. King's and Joshua Fout's Inventiveness Age, Macbots - a connect Mac Tonnies stick to site - and, conclusively, at Triptych #15.

As for me, I mood similar hold blogging at Trans-D. And if you carry on an notes or queries (or friends or information to link) my email put up is: araqinta@att.net.

The photo supercilious is one Mac shot the winter to come his death. It unendingly struck me as sooner sad but, parched... and fitting for the last post on this blog.

Adieu, then... to all of my endure troupe and constituency members...

Respects, to colonize travelers who carry on morally simply stopped by. This blog is now an documents, but your notes and queries are similar greeting at home.

(Note: I am no longer moderating notes, but all spam mood be tart deleted.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts