Wednesday 20 June 2012

Ufo Sighting Accounts Pile Up In Bundy

Ufo Sighting Accounts Pile Up In Bundy
BELOW are a selection of first-hand accounts from people who have witnessed strange lights in the skies over Bundaberg city and surrounding region. All but two are recent.

ON DECEMBER 14, Jason was out the back of his house in Thabeban talking to his cousin on the phone.

"It was a very clear night and I could see all the stars out, I was looking out in the north east of the sky when I noticed (I had been looking that way for a few minutes) a bright light appear about half way in the sky," he said.

Jason said he thought it was a bit strange because if it was a plane he would have seen the light from the start.

"It seemed to accelerate on a

45 degree angle heading towards the atmosphere, it was only viewable for around 20 seconds, and then it appeared to get brighter as it made its course and then it was gone," he said.

"I didn't see it leave the atmosphere (doubt I'd know even if it did) it just vanished."

Jason said he was left puzzled by the object he had seen in the sky.

"I doubt it was a plane as they don't go towards the atmosphere, I assume a weather balloon would go directly upwards, not on an angle," he said.

"I also do not think it was a rocket as this thing did not leave a trail of smoke at all, it also appeared out of nowhere, I've seen plenty of rockets in the skies over my life and this wasn't a rocket."

The Bundaberg man, who wished only to be known by his first name, said he could not come up with an explanation for what he saw.

"I've never seen a UFO, but I couldn't explain this and it's baffled me ever since," Jason said.

He said it was impossible to think of a rational explanation for what he had seen.

"I told my cousin what I had seen and she was a little scared, I've not seen anything like this before," Jason said.

ANONYMOUS ACCOUNT OF GREEN CYLINDER IN SKY


ONE NewsMail reader sent in their account to staff at the paper, after initially being reluctant for fear of ridicule. However, they decided to share their story while keeping their name withheld.

Driving home in Bundaberg on the night of January 16, the anonymous witness said they saw a green cylinder in the sky.

"I didn't mention it to the others in the car until suddenly the object shot straight up into the air... pretty much exactly the opposite way a meteor would," the witness said.

"The speed of which this thing moved was faster than anything I have ever seen. After a few swear words and a face of shock I got the attention of a friend next to me who said 'you saw the green UFO as well didn't you!'"

The witness said they were aware of quite a few "strange" accounts of sightings in Queensland recently.

"The driver of the car also said she seen a flash of green fly past but didn't take much notice as she was focused on driving," the witness said.

UFO OVER MT PERRY


TONI Brown said her husband had seen a UFO over Mt Perry on January 17 this year.

She said the object appeared as a chrome sphere.

Green ball looked like a meteor


TRUDIE and Terry Stables were driving to Woodgate on Monday night on holiday from the Gold Coast when at about 9pm they saw something strange.

"Both my husband and I saw a very bright iridescent green ball with a white centre and with a long yellow tail fall from the sky," she said.

"It lasted about four seconds then it changed to a bright orange glow before it disappeared from sight. It was an amazing thing to see."

Mrs Stables said it was an amazing sight to behold.

"I think it may have been a meteor," she said.

CHILDHOOD SIGHTING RECALLED


AMBER Beattie has shared her childhood experience.

"When I was a kid, this memory has stuck clear in my head since, I saw this long, silver thing in the air that looked like an aeroplane without wings or any tail stabilisers," she said.

"It was a crystal clear day, not a single cloud in the sky... I was watching it for a good minute or so while we were driving over near the cemetery at Avoca."

'It didn't seem to be moving much, and after I established that it wasn't a plane, I turned to my dad to point it out and by the time we looked, it had vanished... I had only looked away long enough to say 'Dad, look at that'."

CLUSTER OF LIGHTS CAUSES INTRIGUE


JOSHUA Watson shared his experience.

"About four years ago in the late afternoon when the stars had just come out I saw what looked like three stars bunched together that almost looked like one star," he said.

"It was moving across the sky fairly quicky - I thought it just must have been a satellite, but all of a sudden it slowed right down then shot down the sky and back up super quick.

"It was changing direction unbelievably, then it came to a complete stop for a few seconds the disappeared, I could not believe what I'd just seen."

WHAT UFO RESEARCH QUEENSLAND HAS TO SAY:


BRISBANE based UFO Research Queensland say that if reports of UFO sightings in the region are to be believed, then it's a sign of a new phenomenon.

UFO Research Queensland president and researcher of 25 years Sheryl Gottschall said UFO sightings had to be studied individually to know if witnesses were seeing the work of clever hoaxers or the real deal.

"Obviously people are seeing something," Mrs Gottschall said.

"Sometimes people misinterpret what they see."

While Mrs Gottschall said hoax methods sometimes made use of materials such as helium balloons and glow sticks, there were usually certain signs a sighting was real - such as sudden sharp turns.

"They're the classic manoeuvres we look for," she said.

She said sharp right-hand turns of objects in the sky were beyond our physical capabilities and indicated something more out of this world.

Mrs Gottschall said clusters of sightings did occur from time to time in some areas and that Mt Warning, Toowoomba, Logan and Tully had all had their fair share.

She said that while it was quite common for retired military members to reveal their sightings in the US, Australia had a different culture and attitude to UFOs where people didn't tend to talk so much about them.

"(In the US) there's a lot of evidence of people of that calibre talking about what they know," she said.

Mrs Gottschall said she had seen four UFOs in her life and had one encounter.

"People can be traumatised by encounters because of fear and that can stay with them a long time, other people have encounters and say they are uplifted by them," she said.

What the Australian Centre for Astrobiology has to say:


AUSTRALIAN Centre for Astrobiology at the University of NSW director professor Malcolm Walter said it was not uncommon to see a lot of strange lights in our region but there was no need to attribute them to alien visitations.

"In your area there is a lot of naturally occurring phenomenon that leads to lights in the sky," he said.

Prof Walter said the brilliant light produced in the night sky could be from meteors the size of marbles that burn up in the atmosphere.

"Or it could be from natural gas escapes that catch fire," he said.

Reference: fromatlantistosphinx.blogspot.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts